After 38 years working for leading companies in the direct marketing industry such as Boardroom and MBI, I've started my own consulting firm -- MGF Marketing. And I'm ready to share the wisdom and experience that I've absorbed in the last few decades with you!
My strength is direct mail, but I also have extensive experience with insert media, print, online marketing, telemarketing, direct response television, list selection, and data base management.
I'm also experienced in testing and expanding into different kinds of media, to yield new customers from previously untapped sources.
In addition, I have developed strong copywriting skills that will convince your customers to respond.
I love direct response marketing because it is measurable, and because it lends itself to creative testing. It also allows you to scale up and expand on what has proven to be successful, with minimal risk. And it can be applied to any kind of business -- even retail and service companies.
Let me show you how I can grow your business exponentially...and help take your profits to the moon! Please contact me today!
- Managed all aspects of Bottom Line’s insert media program. Printed and inserted more than 500 million package inserts, statement stuffers, and catalog blow-ins for a Bottom Line Personal subscription offer, which generated more than 500,000 paid subscribers over a seven-year period.
- Increased the circulation of Bottom Line Health from 35,000 subscribers to more than 300,000 subscribers, through successfully promoting a new magalog offer developed for direct mail. Supervised the mailing of more than 30 million copies of this promotional magalog during the last 13 years.
- Chaired a new book development group at Bottom Line that was charged with searching for existing third-party book properties that could be licensed and promoted to the company’s existing customer data base. Successfully licensed more than a dozen books for direct mail. Several of the books sold more than half a million copies (Natural Physician’s Healing Therapies – 550,000; Encyclopedia of Natural Healing – 800,000; Secret Food Cures – 1,300,000).
- Assisted with the scriptwriting and production of four highly successful infomercials that featured newscaster Hugh Downs, and that sold several different Bottom Line health books. Negotiated media buys with several TV ad agencies, which at its height amounted to 0,000 of advertising spending a week. Increased the average order from to by implementing multiple upsell offers. The four infomercials ran on TV for five years, generating more than 0 million in sales and adding about three million additional bookbuyers to the Bottom Line data base.
- Launched a brand new division for Bottom Line that sold its English health books in Spanish. Worked closely with a translator to convert existing books and promotional materials into Spanish. Targeted Spanish speaking buyers for direct mail promotions in the United States and Puerto Rico, and grew the Spanish data base from zero to more than 200,000 bookbuyers.
Jan 2010 – Present, Member of the Advisory Board
Direct Marketing Association (DMA)
Jan 2008 – Dec 2014, Featured speaker at the annual DMA Convention, DMA Circulation Day, and DMA Insert Media Day
HONORS AND AWARDS
Dec 2017, Hudson Valley Direct Marketing Association (HVDMA)
Annual Award of the DMA Insert Media Council
Jun 2008, Direct Marketing Association (DMA)